Late Fall 2020 Update (11/27):
Group classes, including beginner classes, are still not possible for Fencing Club Asheville to run due to the surging pandemic numbers. We will look at this policy again towards the middle of January 2021 and see what is possible.
However, one of the head coaches, Bren McAneny, will offer private lessons in an outdoor setting starting immediately. These will be offered to both beginners and fencers with any level of previous experience. Please bring all equipment, including electrical fencing gear if you have it, if you are a beginner without gear we will work out a safe way to use the club loaner gear.
- Cost: $20 per 1 to 1.5 hour lesson.
- Time: any weekday or weekend between 9am and when it gets too dark to fence around 5 or 5:30, some lights are available but daylight is better.
- Location: West Asheville in the coach’s driveway. Please contact for address.
- Bring a Close Friend: Lessons will be given in groups of 1 to 3 people for the same price. To limit infection risk, the person should be a spouse, sibling, parent/child, roommate, neighbor, home school pod member or other person who you closely associate with already.
- Safety Protocols: Cloth face masks required. Additional protocols will be explained, but the club’s policy is to use maximum caution.
- How to setup your lesson: Call Bren at 301-537-0211, or email at FencingClubAsheville@gmail.com
Be safe, and keep practicing at home!